Work It Global Oy Privacy Notice
Effective Date: March 20, 2020
Thank you for using our service! This Privacy Notice describes:
- The ways we collect personal data about you and why we do so
- How we use your personal data, and
- The choices you have about your personal data.
This Privacy Notice applies to WorkIT’s services, websites and related services, we call them all “Service”. We may update this Privacy Notice every now and then by posting a new version on www.Workitglobal.com If we make any material changes, we will notify you by posting a notice in the Service prior to the change becoming effective. Your continued use of the Service after that effective date will be subject to the new Privacy Notice.
If you have questions about data protection, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal data, we encourage you to primarily contact us through our Service so we can reply to you quicker. You can contact us via e-mail. Email: info@Workitglobal.com
The data we collect
Data you provide us:
- Contact information (such as name and email address)
- Username and password
- Information on your competences and experience (titles, CV)
- Profile information (such as profile photo)
- Your messages to the Service (such as chat logs and user support tickets)
- Other data you choose to give us (such as data to identify a lost account)
Data we collect automatically as you use our Service
- Data about your account and service progress
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC a ddress, IMEI)
- Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language
- Data we collect with cookies and similar technologies (see more below)
- General location data
- Data about your use of the Service, such as service play data and your interactions with other users inside the Service
Data we collect from our partners
- Data we receive if you link a third-party tool with the Service (such as Facebook, WeChat or Google)
- Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address)
- Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse in services or click fraud in advertising)
- Data from platforms that the services run on (such as to verify payment)
- Data for advertising analytics purposes, so we can provide you a better Service
Why do we collect your data
To offer you the Service and ensure its safety and quality
To perform the contract, and to have relevant data before entering into a contract, we collect and process necessary data to
- Create accounts and allow you to use our Service
- Operate the Service
- Verify and confirm payments
- Provide relevant job and project information, and deliver services you request
- Send you Service-related messages and information
To make the Service more suitable for our users
To provide and maintain good Service to our users, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process necessary data to
- Update and develop user profiles
- Develop and improve the Service and user experience
- Manage our relationship with you
- Provide social features as part of the Service
- Customize your Service experience (like language version)
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide user support
- Provide you WorkIT offers in the Service as well as in other websites and services, and by email
- Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages
- Enable you to communicate with other users
To keep our Service safe and fair
Ensuring a safe and fair environment for all users of the Service is a top priority for us. For more information on our acceptable use policy, see the Work It Global Terms and Conditions.
In order to keep the Service and its social features safe and fair, to fight fraud and ensure acceptable use otherwise, we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to
- Analyze and monitor use of the Service and its social features
- Moderate chats either automatically or manually
- Take action against fraudulent or misbehaving users
To analyze, profile, and segment
In all of the above cases and purposes, we have a legitimate interest and will analyze, profile and segment all collected data.
Who can see your data
Apart from WorkIT, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations:
Potential employers and other users of the Service.
Social features are a core component of our services. Other users may, for example, see your profile data, in-service activities and read the messages you have posted.
Partners working for WorkIT.
WorkIT has partners to perform services for us. These partners process your data only at and according to WorkIT´s instructions to provide the Service, such as hosting, user support, advertising, analytics and fraud prevention.
Other companies and public authorities
In order to combat fraud and illegal activity, we may exchange data with other companies and organizations and provide it to public authorities in response to lawful requests.
International data transfers
Our Service is global by nature and your data can therefore be transferred to anywhere in the world. Because different countries may have different data protection laws than your own country, we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your data as explained in this Notice. Adequate safeguards that our partners may use include standard contractual clauses approved by EU Commission and the Privacy Shield certification in case of transfers to the USA.
Your rights and options
You have all the rights under applicable data protection laws, and we want to highlight following:
Access the personal data we hold about you.
If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.
Your other rights.
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can always withdraw your consent, for example by turning off GPS location sharing in your mobile device settings.
We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us. You may also contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic Area for unresolved complaints.
Cookies and similar technologies
How do we protect your data
In order to help ensure a secure and safe user experience, we are continuously developing and implementing administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration.
We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Service. We will for example periodically de-identify unused service accounts and we regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data.
Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you provide us with your basic information and create a profile, and want to leave the service, we will delete your profile information within ten (10) months, unless you give a specific authorisation to store it for longer.
If you have been offered a job, and there is task/project/job -related information in the Service, we must store it as long as the applicable laws require for records. However, in any case we will delete all your personal data by no later than 31.12. of the year during which the data has been stored 20 years. In case your local applicable mandatory laws require shorter period, we will apply that retention time.
Data controller is ---Work It Global Oy
Address: Lapinlahdenkatu 16, 00180 Helsinki, Finland